This happened few times and is annoying when you can not Copy-Paste among Remote Server and your Local Machine
How to fix when clipboard stops working at RDP?
- Open RDP to your server and login
- Open Task Manager (right click Taskbar and select Task Manager)
- Go to the Processes Tab
- Find rdpclip.exe
- Click End Process
- Go to the Application Tab
- Click New Process
- Type rdpclip
- Click Ok
After that, Copy and Paste should work normally again.
How do you fix this permanently?
There is no cure for permanent fix but you can make it easier if it happens too often.
- Create a new bat file and call it whatever you want say, clipboard.bat.
- Write the following two commands on separate lines in the new bat file
- Taskkill.exe /im rdpclip.exe
- Save the bat file and put it somewhere on Desktop or Quick Launch.
I was involved in one Cloud oriented startup that earns money by selling monthly and yearly subscriptions. Whole team with CEO included were devoted to create technically superior product for their current and new customers but none of them liked to work on promoting benefits of their product, so marketing tasks were not on the priority list. They are all aware that this is the bad thing but none of them was willing to do marketing tasks, so, apparently they needed to hire one good marketeer.
Product grew organically but they were not been able to produce “hockey stick” growth and they thought that by adding new features it will be enough to make their product more interesting to the new customers.
The reality was the opposite. No matter what they have added it didn’t help them quickly because nobody knew nothing about their product/service (it was not promoted aggressively). It is not bad in general, but it could be so much better.
This happens when company management have only technical background and not marketing background and when everyone enjoy making product technically better. So, they had made a plan: they will finish first one big update and then they will dedicate most off their efforts to the marketing tasks and they hope that this will make the impact on the market.
Product is good, their customers are satisfied but they need to find more customers to make whole thing sustainable business.
These are the tips what you must expect from your marketing manager and his team:
- Make marketing team to focus on producing the content (as fast as possible) that will promote the value of your product online – marketing manager and his team need to write blogs, PR articles, case studies, be active on social media channels (Twitter, Facebook), to give useful comment on relevant forums like Quora and on important vertical markets. Measure the impact of all these actions. If marketing department is not producing content fast enough, or they don’t add value to product’s growth you will need to replace them with more efficient team.
- Marketing should focus on one vertical market at the time and to create strategy to offer them one package that can be sold easily and that does not require much work of production team (this offer use the features that product already has but nobody know about them except the production team). Attack must be direct and coordinated and management need to measure the success (what we have sent and what we have achieved).
- Send offers directly to larger customers that can buy large amount of subscriptions (bigger volume), otherwise marketing costs will grow more then you will earn. Contacting small customers by your marketing team is not profitable so they should be focused on big customers or in promotion of your value for customers through different channels.
- Use some other services that push good deals like f6s – you can get a lot of customers from these channels.
- Be relevant – comment only on vertical markets that are yours.
- Marketing should at the end focus on product improvements and data driven marketing (to tell better initial value for the customer and to focus on better funnelling and gathering marketing stats) but this task need to be done only if they have success in primary tasks.
Looks like, on the first view, that Apple, in the newest iOS7 update, made the icons simpler, more 2D, abandoned skeuomorphism and they look now more like colourful Windows Phone Metro icons.
It is a risky move and regarding that iPhone is their main business (by revenue) so Tim Cook will maybe copy Gil Amelio saying: “Apple is like a ship with holes in the bottom leaking water. My job is to get that ship pointed in the right direction.”)
It is really amazing how one man can make such a difference when it comes to the vision, leading the company and forbidding bad product to come to the market and being innovative most of the time, not follower of others (Steve Jobs, of course)…
I personally don’t like the new design because:
- Colors are highlighted too much – there are more colors then on richest Christmas tree
- Simplification was not consistently finished
- I see similarity with Windows Metro design guidelines (which is not bad) but at Windows it is more consistent and they use monochromatic icons mostly
As Steve said: “Good artists copy, great artists steal” 🙂