Latest Toyota cars or let’s say last two generations are the worst designed cars in the whole world (my personal opinion). I got angry every time when I spot some new Toyota model in daily traffic. I can not describe why I got angry when I look this Quasimodo ugliness but I found out that it is Toyota design that makes me angry. I am not specialized in design, but the rules how these cars are designed, influence my calmness in a bad way. Few days ago, I was behind the latest Aygo and it was terrorizing my view field with its ugliness.
I also ask myself “Who are all these people that drive Toyota cars?” Apparently, they sell a lot of cars, but I can not imagine spending time with people that drive Toyota cars (and luckily I don’t have any known person that drive Toyota).
I also don’t understand how they didn’t claim bankruptcy. Maybe these people only need something to move them from point A to point B faster then the walk.
(source via Autoevolution.com)
So, this article does not want to do any harm to Toyota brand, it just reflect my personal opinion. The Avensis from around 2003 was the last nice looking car from Toyota.
This Friday, 16th March 2018 it was all working well and today on Monday 19th March 2018 it stopped working and Firefox and Chrome are redirecting my development websites to HTTPS. After searching what could be thee cause I found out that if your development website ends with .dev domain extension then both browsers demand that you have commercial SSL and not self-signed.
The solution of this problem was to change all my projects and settings from .dev to .test and now it is working again.
I hate these kind of time wasting!
Strange behaviour – it just stopped working 10 days ago and after a long search found a solution in specifying additional parameters in SSL connection, so working example should be like this:
$mail = new PHPMailer();
$mail->SMTPDebug = 2;
$mail->SMTPAuth = true;
$mail->SMTPSecure = 'ssl';
$mail->SMTPOptions = array
'ssl' => array
'verify_peer' => false,
'verify_peer_name' => false,
'allow_self_signed' => true
$mail->Host = "smtp.gmail.com";
$mail->Port = 465;
$mail->Username = GOOGLE_SMTP_USERNAME;
$mail->Password = GOOGLE_SMTP_PASSWORD;
$mail->Subject = "Test";
$mail->Body = "hello";
echo "Mailer Error: " . $mail->ErrorInfo;
echo "Message has been sent";
catch (phpmailerException $e)
$errors = $e->errorMessage();
catch (Exception $e)
$errors = $e->getMessage();
You probably accidentally deleted some important files more then once. It is especially sensitive when it comes to photos from your family trip and when you deleting by instinct with SHIFT+Delete (avoiding Recycle Bin). I did that today and I needed some simple data recovery software. I remembered that there is File Scavenger who can restore accidentally deleted files and I installed it. Scanned the drive, found my photos and when I wanted to recover them I found out that I need to buy the licence for 55$. I didn’t like that so I decided to find free solution and found Recuva, free alternative for the same job. You don’t need commercial version and free version is just fine. It does the job perfectly!
I sometimes really hate Windows. When you do obligatory updates sometimes it takes hours for operating system to settle down and stop using CPU and memory like crazy.
One of these processes are mscorsvw.exe and ngen.exe which do some .NET assemblies optimization. I read about a lot of angry posts about these processes and that it takes hours “to optimize” and during these hours your server and services on it are suffering (and you need to be clever when finding explanations to your clients).
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the following location in Windows Explorer: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
- Run an elevated command prompt and change the current directory to the following directory
- Type ngen.exe executequeueditems, and press ENTER
- Wait until you receive the following message at the command prompt: All compilation targets are up to date.
This annoying processes stopped but now TiWorker.exe is taking his time and eating the CPU and Memory and it looks like it will take 3-4 hours. Yikes! I really hate Windows programmers for this hidden background CPU and Memory eaters.
I faced today strange problem that I could not connect to Windows server through Remote Desktop Connection. When I click “Connect” it disconnect me immediately. Restarting the server didn’t helped.
Here is the simple trick how you can connect…
- Open RDC dialog and click on Show Options
- Go to Advanced tab and choose under If server authentication fails option Connect and don’t warn me
- You are now successfully connected after pressing the Connect button
Glad to hear if this saved you day. You can Tweet this solution so help someone else.
If for some reason you are getting multiple duplicated emails in Thunderbird and can not fix that this is the recipe:
- Close Thunderbird
- Go to you email directory – you can find the path in your email Account settings
- Delete the popstate.dat file
- Start Thunderbird and check for new mail
If you have faced a problem when importing your data to MySQL from a large file and it said:
ERROR 1118 (42000) at line xxx: Row size too large (> 8126)
This is a known bug for MySQL versions 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and I noticed that I didn’t have this problem at version 5.6.24.
In order to make it work also on MySQL 22.214.171.124 edit your “my.ini” configuration file and increase the innodb log size like this:
innodb_log_file_size = 256M
Hope it solves you the problem, like it helped me, one beer is always welcomed :-).